A list of Atlantic Canadian newspapers included in the Transcontinental deal
THE CANADIAN PRESS
Published Thursday, April 13, 2017 2:50PM ADT
HALIFAX -- Canada's oldest independent newspaper has bought the newspaper assets of Transcontinental Media in Atlantic Canada. The Halifax Chronicle Herald said Thursday that a new company, SaltWire Network, will comprise 27 Transcontinental newspapers, the novanewsnow.com website and the Herald's own publications.
Here are the Transcontinental newspapers included in the deal, according to SaltWire Network:
- The Advertiser (Grand Falls-Windsor, N.L.)
- Amherst News, (Amherst, N.S.)
- The Annapolis Valley Register (Kentville, N.S.)
- The Aurora (Labrador City, N.L.)
- The Gander Beacon (Gander, N.L.)
- Cape Breton Post, (Sydney, N.S.)
- The Citizen Record, (Amherst, N.S.)
- Colchester Weekly News, (Truro, N.S.)
- The Compass, (Carbonear, N.L.)
- The Guardian, (Charlottetown, P.E.I.)
- The Gulf News, (Port aux Basques, N.L.)
- The Journal-Pioneer, (Summerside, P.E.I.)
- The Labradorian, (Labrador, N.L.)
- The News, (New Glasgow, N.S.)
- The Northern Pen, (St. Anthony, N.L.)
- The Nor'wester, (Springdale, N.L.)
- The Packet, (Clarenville, N.L.)
- The Pilot, (Lewisporte, N.L.)
- The Queens County Advance, (Liverpool, N.S.)
- Sackville Tribune Post, (Sackville, N.B.)
- The Southern Gazette, (Marystown, N.L.)
- The Telegram, (St. John's, N.L.)
- The Tri-County Extra, (Yarmouth, N.S.)
- Tri-County Vanguard, (Yarmouth, N.S.)
- Truro Daily News, (Truro, N.S.)
- Valley Journal Advertiser, (Kentville, N.S.)
- The Western Star, (Corner Brook, N.L)
The deal also includes the website novanewsnow.com (Kentville, N.S.)
The following printing plants are now owned by SaltWire Network Inc.:
- Austin Dr. in St. John's, N.L.
- Columbus Dr. in St. John's, N.L.
- West St. in Corner Brook, N.L.
- George St. in Sydney, N.S.