Cause of weekend fire determined
Fire crews contain a fire that destroyed one home and badly damaged another in Dartmouth N.S. on Sunday, July 22, 2012.
Published Tuesday, July 24, 2012 4:48PM ADT
The cause of a fire over the weekend that destroyed one home and badly damaged another in Dartmouth, N.S. has been determined.
The fire on Lindenwood Terrace was caused by a cigarette. Fire crews say one of the residents left a butt in a planter on the back deck.
The fire started around 3:30 p.m Sunday. No one was inside either home at the time, however neighbouring homes were evacuated while firefighters tried to get things under control.
More than 30 firefighters were on hand, along with two aerials.
Please read our guidelines before commenting on stories.