Published Friday, January 4, 2013 3:35PM AST
Last Updated Friday, January 23, 2015 3:56PM AST
CTV is once again proud to sponsor the Emera Oval on the Halifax Common, which opened for the season on Dec. 18.
The oval is open seven days a week and welcomes skaters of all abilities. Click here to see the skating schedule.
CTV, along with our radio partners C100 and The Bounce, will be hosting several special events over the winter at the oval:
BOUNCE Road Show events:
- Friday, February 6 at 6:30 p.m.
- Friday, February 20 at 6:30 p.m.
C100 Skating Under the Stars/Family Skate
- Sunday, February 22 at 1 p.m.
- Saturday, February 28 at 4 p.m.
You can come and cheer on Nova Scotia's best young athletes as they get ready to compete in the 2015 Canada Winter Games in Prince George, B.C. at the Team Nova Scotia Pep Rally on Saturday, January 24 from 3 p.m. to 4 p.m. Don't forget your skates!
Plus, come dressed as your favourite 'Frozen' character on Family Frozen Day! Ana and Elsa will be making an appearance from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. on Feb. 16. Enjoy hot chocolate, face painting and more!
- The oval is the largest outdoor, artificially-refrigerated ice surface east of Quebec City.
- The ice surface is equivalent to 3 NHL hockey rinks.
- The ice surface can accommodate up to 1500 skaters at a time.
Please read our guidelines before commenting on stories.