Just Ask Laurie - Gluten Free Quinoa Banana Bread
Published Wednesday, May 15, 2013 10:16AM ADT
Last Updated Wednesday, June 19, 2013 10:02AM ADT
May is Celiac Awareness Month, so here’s a gluten free quinoa banana bread recipe. Very tasty!
Gluten Free Quinoa Banana Bread
½ cup quinoa flour
½ cup quinoa flakes
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
3 Tbsp honey
3 ripe bananas, mashed
½ cup dried cranberries
Putting it all together:
1. Heat oven to 400F and grease a medium loaf pan, set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, mix together quinoa flour, quinoa flakes, baking powder and baking soda.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together honey, bananas and eggs.
4. Mix dry and wet ingredients together just until moist. Stir in cranberries.
5. Pour into prepared loaf pan. Bake 25 – 30 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
Cut into 12 slices
Nutrition Information per slice:
Fat: 1.5 g
Sodium: 169 mg
Carbohydrate: 17 g
Fibre 1.5 g
Protein: 3 g
Quinoa flour and flakes can be found in the Natural Source section of your grocery store. You could easily freeze this loaf into portions and pull out for a quick snack.