"Grandma Says" - November/December
Published Wednesday, November 7, 2012 7:02PM AST
Last Updated Wednesday, December 19, 2012 7:38PM AST
1. If birds fly low, expect rain and a blow.
2. Onion skin nice and thin, mild winter coming in. Onion skin thick and tough, winter will be cold and rough.
3. As November 21st, so goes the winter.
4. The tighter the curl on the rhododendron leaves, the colder the air.
5. The Twelve Days of Christmas forecast the year's coming weather.
Learn more fascinating weather lore in Cindy's book, "Grandma Says." Cindy will be hosting book signings across Nova Scotia:
Saturday, November 17th, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. - Inside Story, Greenwood
Saturday, December 1st, 12 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. - Coles, Halifax Shopping Centre
Saturday, December 1st, 2:30 p.m. to 4 p.m. - Chapters, Bayers Lake, Halifax
Saturday, December 8th, 12 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. - Box of Delights, Wolfville, N.S.
Saturday, December 8th, 2:30 p.m. to 4 p.m. - Coles, County Fair Mall, New Minas
Thursday, December 13th, 7:30 p.m. to 9 p.m. - Chapters, Dartmouth
Saturday, December 15, 12 p.m. to 2 p.m. - Coles, Truro Mall
Please read our guidelines before commenting on stories.