Articles by Alyson Samson
- New Brunswick budget has nurses looking for a reason to stay
- Exhibit at Fredericton art gallery showcases Atlantic Canadian printmakers
- Amalgamation issues fanned the flame for Oak Bay Fire Dept. mass resignation
- Lincoln, N.B., homicide victim, 27, remembered as a 'well respected young man'
- Playhouse priorities: Fredericton's new Performing Arts centre comes with hefty price tag
- New Brunswick's flood watch says it's too early to predict severity of upcoming season
- Fredericton serving up an international tennis competition
- Cash crunch: Rising food prices impacting local shopping habits
- Memorable moments for these Maritime athletes at the 2023 Canada Winter Games
- N.B. youth advocate’s recommendations draw criticism
Alyson Samson is a video journalist based out of Fredericton.
Alyson grew up on the east coast of Newfoundland and Labrador, in Port Union. She attended Memorial University, in both St. John’s, NL and Harlow, U.K., where she completed a Bachelor of Arts with duel majors in Communication Studies and English Language and Literature.
While working with CBC NL in St. John’s as an associate producer, reporter, mobile journalist, and online writer, Alyson completed a post-diploma program in journalism from the College of the North Atlantic.
In 2018, Alyson began working as a reporter in Happy Valley-Goose Bay, N.L. for the CBC Labrador morning show and would occasionally fill in as host or technical director.
Following her partner’s military posting, Alyson made the move to New Brunswick and, in the fall of 2020, she joined the CTV Atlantic team as a video journalist in Fredericton. Alyson is a generalist, with a strong interest in indigenous led stories.
Alyson enjoys good food, great music, and travelling the world, but most of all she loves to snuggle with her cat, Jupiter, and dog, Boris.
Alyson speaks English.