The mother of a murdered Dartmouth teenager says she will never be able to forgive his former girlfriend for the role she played in his death, but she believes justice has been served.

"She is going to pay for what she did and that's all I can ask for," says Laureena Laffin, the mother of 18-year-old Dillon Jewett. "For the next seven years I know I won't have to worry about her."

Amanda Allison Greene, 20, was sentenced to seven years in prison in Halifax Supreme Court today for luring her former boyfriend to his death in East Uniacke, N.S.

The Eastern Passage resident was originally charged with first-degree murder in Jewett's death but the charge was downgraded to manslaughter.

She pleaded guilty to manslaughter in July, 2011.

The sentencing hearing began Thursday and victim impact statements were read on behalf of Jewett's mother, grandmother, aunt and younger brother.

Crown Attorney Jillian Ryan had requested a sentence of 12 years in a federal penitentiary while defence lawyer Brian Smith argued for a four-year sentence.

"The justice must impose a penalty not less than four years in federal custody and we're suggesting she stick with the minimum," said defence lawyer Brian Smith.

Jewett's body was found in a quarry north of Halifax in October 2010. A group of people had been riding bikes and all-terrain vehicles in the area when they discovered his body and called 911.

Greene, her boyfriend Kyle Brian Gowen and his brother Steven Shaun Gowen have all been convicted in Jewett's death. Kyle Gowen admitted in court that he shot Jewett three times in the head.

Greene says she did it because Jewett, her ex-boyfriend, was allegedly abusive.

"It's easy for someone to allege anything but Dillon can't defend himself," says his mother.

Laffin says she hates Greene even more than Kyle Gowen, who actually pulled the trigger, because she says it was Greene who plotted to seek revenge against Jewett and lured him to the quarry where he was shot.

Then she says Greene gave the eulogy at his funeral and sought comfort from his family in the days following his death.

"I put my own grief on the back burner to look after Amanda and I think that is so unfair," says Laffin. "My grieving was interrupted for her and I'll never forgive her for that."

Greene's family cried when the verdict came down but defence lawyer Brian Smith said the sentence was fair.

"It considers the reasons both mitigating and aggravating circumstances of this case and Justice Hood was probably on the mark," admits Smith.

Greene apologized in court, saying she was sincerely sorry for her actions, but her words were of no comfort to Laffin.

"To this day she hasn't showed sympathy, empathy, or remorse and to me, that makes her a very cold person."

The Gowen brothers are both serving time in prison for their roles in Jewett's death.

Steven Gowen, 21, pleaded guilty to accessory to murder after the fact and was sentenced to three years in prison on June 9.

Kyle Gowen, 23, pleaded guilty to second-degree murder and was sentenced to life in prison with no chance of parole for 15 years on June 7.

With files from CTV Atlantic's Kelland Sundahl