Herbed lamb with roasted butternut squash and a cucumber salad
Lamb: (2 racks)
- 1/4 cup of fresh herbs of your liking from your garden
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Combine fresh chopped herbs, garlic, and salt and pepper to make a light oil marinade.
- Slice 1 field cucumber very thin by knife or on a mandolin.
- Once sliced, salt lightly and let sit for 5 min.
- Drain excess water.
- Add chopped garlic, sour cream and mix.
- Let sit for 10 min and adjust salt and pepper to your liking.
- Add Hungarian paprika on top.
- Let sit until service.
- Pre-heat oven 350F.
- Half your butternut squash and oil lightly.
- Place on tray meat side down and let roast for 15-20 min depending on size.
- Flip and make sure the meat side is facing up.
- Add 1/4 cup of maple syrup (we used Acadian Maple Syrup) and let roast for another 10 min.
- Let rest and cool slightly so you can handle it.
- Hollow out (keep the skins), add some butter or substitute to make a mash in a bowl.
- Re-fill the skins with the mash, add cheese on to broil.
- Chop the tops off. Place on baking sheet with root down and drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper to your taste.
- Served whole in the husk.