Recipes | CTV Morning Live Atlantic
Ginger Snap Cookies
- ¾ cup molasses
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 1 cup shortening
- 2 ½ cups flour
- 2 tsp. ginger
- 1 tsp. cloves
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- Combine molasses and white sugar and mix well.
- Add shortening and mix well
- Add flour, ginger, cloves, baking soda, and salt.
- Mix well and divide dough in two.
- Wrap dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for two hours.
- Remove from fridge and roll out very thin (1/8”) and place on parchment lined cookie sheet. The thinner you roll them – the snappier they are.
- Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes.
- Store in cookie jar or freeze.