Recipes | CTV Morning Live Atlantic
The Perfect Brunch Frittata
Servings: 3 - 4
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup grated smoked cheddar
- 4 fingerling potatoes (or one good size russet potato) grated
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced leek
- 1/2 cup spinach
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
- Start things off by putting a non-stick pan on medium heat. Add in 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil. Once pan is hot add in the grated potatoes. Spread them around the pan and then leave them. Let the bottom get nice and brown. This is key. Don't be afraid to get colour on the potatoes.
- Next up, whisk the eggs and the cheese in a bowl.
- Once the bottom of the potatoes are nice and brown, add in the leeks, spinach, basil, and then pour the egg mixture over everything. Let the eggs naturally flow over everything, but also tilt the pan to encourage the egg mixture to find its way to the bottom of the pan. Let cook away for about 5-7 minutes until the egg is 80-90% set. Add in the whole cherry tomatoes and press them into the mixture with the back of a spatula.
- Next up, turn on the oven broiler and place the pan underneath the hot element. Keep an eye on things here. You want the top to set, but don't push it too hard as the eggs will continue to cook when removed from the heat.
- Once the top is set, remove from heat, drizzle with olive oil, and season with salt, pepper, and fresh basil. Cut and serve right out of the pan.
Recipe courtesy of Andy Hay.