Recipes | CTV Morning Live Atlantic
Banana Chocolate Chip Squares
- 2 ⅔ cup gluten-free baking flour (or regular all-purpose flour)
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1 ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 ½ cup mashed banana
- 1 c buttermilk
- ¾ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°f.
- Grease a 13 x 9 inch baking dish.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Cream the butter and sugar together in a large mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time. Then mix in the banana.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients alternating with the buttermilk.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and bake for 40-45 minutes.
- For thinner squares, spread the batter onto a greased sheet pan and bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- ⅓ cup mashed banana
- 3 cups icing sugar.
- Beat all the ingredients together until smooth. Then spread on cooled caked.