6 slices bacon, diced
6 cups fresh corn, cut off the cob
1 medium onion, diced
1 ½ cups diced fennel (optional)
1 cup russet potatoes, peeled, cut into 1/2 " cubes and parboiled
3 cups (or more if desired) chicken stock, hot
½ cup whipping cream, hot
¼ tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
2 Tbsp fresh chives
1. Sauté bacon over medium/high heat until brown and firm. Add onions and cook until soft.
2. Remove bacon and onions from pan and drain most of the fat.
3. Add fennel to remaining fat and cook until soft.
4. Add stock and other ingredients. Cook until all ingredients are done.
5. Remove 1/3 of soup to a blender and puree until smooth. Return to pot.
6. Stir in cream and cayenne.
7. Ladle into bowls and garnish with chives.