Mussels in Coconut Curry Sauce
CTV Atlantic Published Wednesday, October 14, 2015 12:22PM ADT Last Updated Wednesday, October 14, 2015 12:35PM ADT
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) water
- 2 tsp (10 ml) canola oil
- 1 cup (250 ml) red pepper, diced
- 1 cup (250 ml) red onion, diced
- 1 tsp (5 ml) coriander, dried
- 1 tsp (5 ml) cumin
- 2 tsp (10 ml) curry powder
- 2 tsp (10 ml) ginger, fresh, grated
- 1 1/2 cups (375 ml) coconut milk, light
- 5 lbs (2.3 kg) mussels, rinsed
- 2 tsp (10 ml) lime zest
- 1 1/2 tbsp (22 ml) lime juice
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) cilantro, chopped
- Place water in a large pot and turn to high heat.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan and saute red pepper and onion until tender. Add coriander, cumin, curry powder, ginger and coconut milk. Heat throughout, but do not boil.
- Add mussles to the pot and put on the lid. Cook for 5 - 7 minutes or until steam is coming out from under the lid and mussels have opened.
- Drain almost all water from mussels, leaving just a small amount in bottom of pan. Pour sauce over mussels and toss to coat.
- Discard mussels that did not open during cooking.
- Add in lime zest, juice and cilantro before serving.
Nutrition information per serving:
Fat 6 grams
Carbohydrate 8 grams
Fibre 1 gram
Protein 6 grams
Sodium 125 milligrams