Double Smoked Maple Bacon and Scallop Linguine
- ¼ cup double smoked bacon, diced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 8 oz scallops
- ¼ cup shallots, finely chopped
- ¼ cup red pepper, diced
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 oz. white wine
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (we used Acadian Maple syrup)
- ½ cup 35% cream
- 8 oz cooked linguini
- ¼ cup green onions, chopped
- Make sure to sponge dry the scallops and remove the bits.
- Heat your pan until it is very hot.
- Add olive oil and then sear your scallops for 1 ½ min on each side and set aside.
- In the same frying pan, add the double smoked bacon and cook until it starts to brown on all sides.
- Incorporate all the vegetables and sauté on high heat until onions are translucent.
- Add Dijon and deglaze the pan with white wine, followed by Acadian Maple syrup and cream.
- Start to reduce by ¼, then add the linguini, the scallops and green onions.
- Toss for few minutes and you are ready to serve.
- Serve with your favorite crusty bread for dipping.
Acadian Maple products are available at retail stores in Upper Tantallon, N.S., Sobeys, and online.