Murder of North Preston man added to major unsolved crimes program
Nathan Cross, 21, died as a result of a gunshot wound on April 24, 2011.
The murder of a North Preston man is the latest homicide case to be added to Nova Scotia’s Rewards for Major Unsolved Crimes Program.
Police say anyone who shares information leading to an arrest and conviction in the murder of 21-year-old Nathan Ross Cross could receive up to $150,000.
"I urge anyone with information related to Nathan Cross' homicide to please come forward," said Justice Minister Ross Landry in a statement. "We all share in the responsibility of keeping our communities safe. No piece of information is too small and could be just what the police need to solve this case."
RCMP responded to a report of gunshots fired at a home on Churchill Terrace in North Preston on April 24, 2011.
When officers arrived on the scene, they found Cross unconscious and unresponsive.
Police say he had been standing outside the home with a group of people when a suspect fired several shots, striking Cross.
He was taken to hospital where he was pronounced dead.
Investigators believe there are witnesses who have information that could result in an arrest and possible charges in the case. They hope that adding the case to the program
"Through the course of the investigation, Major Crime Investigators have determined that several people were present at the time Mr. Cross was shot," said Halifax District RCMP Chief Supt. Roland Wells. "Those individuals have information that would lead to solving this homicide.”
Anyone with information about the case is asked to call the Rewards for Major Unsolved Crimes Program at 1-888-710-9090.
The program was launched in October 2006 as an additional tool to help police gather information on unsolved crimes. There are now 69 cases in the program.