New Brunswick reports no new COVID-19 cases; three active
HALIFAX -- New Brunswick reported no new cases of COVID-19 on Sunday and a previously reported case has recovered, dropping the number of active cases in the province to three.
The province last reported a new case on Wednesday, involving a temporary foreign worker between the ages of 20 and 29 in Zone 1 -- the Moncton region. The province says that the individual is self-isolating.
The province conducted 355 COVID-19 tests on Saturday. To date, a total of 63,907 COVID-19 tests have been conducted in New Brunswick.
The province has seen 192 confirmed cases of COVID-19. Of those, 187 people have recovered and two people have died. There is no one hospitalized right now as a result of COVID-19 in New Brunswick.
The number of cases are broken down by New Brunswick’s seven health zones:
Zone 1 – Moncton region: 43 confirmed cases (2 active cases)
Zone 2 – Saint John region: 28 confirmed cases (1 active case)
Zone 3 – Fredericton region: 57 confirmed cases
Zone 4 – Edmundston region: 7 confirmed cases
Zone 5 – Campbellton region: 53 confirmed cases
Zone 6 – Bathurst region: 2 confirmed cases
Zone 7 – Miramichi region: 2 confirmed cases
POSSIBLE COVID-19 EXPOSURE ON FLIGHTS
New Brunswick public health is warning people who travelled on two flights of an international traveller who was recently diagnosed with COVID-19.
Public Health says the individual "may have been infectious" on Aug. 22 while on the following flights:
- Air Canada Flight 0992 – from Mexico City to Toronto;
- Air Canada Flight 8918 – from Toronto to Moncton.
"Individuals who travelled on these flights should self-monitor for symptoms for 14 days after the flight," the province said in a news release Thursday afternoon. "Should symptoms develop, they are directed to self-isolate and to call 811."
VEHICLE TRAFFIC INFORMATION
New Brunswick's online dashboard also includes information about vehicle traffic attempting to enter the province.
On Saturday, 14,926 personal and 1,451 commercial vehicles attempted to cross the border into the province.
Of the vehicles attempting to cross the border, 104 were refused entry, for a refusal rate of 0.6 per cent.