Two men charged after RCMP seize weapons from North Preston home
Two men are facing weapons charges after the RCMP executed a search warrant at a North Preston, N.S. home on Thursday.
Police seized three long guns – one of which was a restricted weapon – from the home.
Leonard Thomas Evans, 38, of Lower Sackville and Leonard Fraser, 62, of North Preston each face the following charges:
- Careless Use of a Firearm
- Contravening Storage Regulations
- Possession of a Weapon for a Dangerous Purpose
- Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm
- Unauthorized Possession of a Restricted Weapon
- Possession of a Firearm Knowing its Possession is Unauthorized priest
- Possession of a Prohibited Device Knowing its Possession is Unauthorized
- Possession of a Restricted Firearm with Ammunition
- Tampering with a Serial Number
Evans faces an additional charge of possession of a firearm contrary to order.
Both men appeared in court Thursday and were releasedon conditions. They are due in Dartmouth provincial court on May 11.