Recipes | CTV News at 5
CTV is helping to take the stress out of mealtime by providing inspiration for delicious dishes!
Every Wednesday at five we'll share a recipe crafted by the Kilted Chef Alain Bosse, featuring local food processors from around the Maritimes. The recipes are easy to make with step-by-step instructions.
Check back each week for the latest dish and visit atlanticfood.ca for more information on participating members.
Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Jalapenos and Mini Sweet Peppers
- 6 jalapenos cut in half
- 6 sweet peppers cut in half
- ½ cup ground pork cooked
- ½ block cream cheese
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp fresh chives chopped
- 1 tsp hot sauce
- ¼ tsp paprika
- 12 slices of bacon (we used Tony's Meats bacon) cut in half lightly cooked
- Slice peppers in half, remove seeds.
- Mix the ground pork with everything except the bacon.
- Fill each of the pepper halves with the mixture and wrap with the partially cooked bacon.
- Heat oven 350F bake for 20 min and finish to broil peppers for about 3-5 minutes (watch closely, just until browned on the top).
Tony’s Meats products are available at Sobeys, Superstore, Giant Tiger and independent retailers.