CTV is helping to take the stress out of mealtime by providing inspiration for delicious dishes!
Every Wednesday at five we'll share a recipe crafted by the Kilted Chef Alain Bosse, featuring local food processors from around the Maritimes. The recipes are easy to make with step-by-step instructions.
Check back each week for the latest dish and visit atlanticfood.ca for more information on participating members.
Stuffed French Toast
- 8 thick slices of good quality bread
- 1 cup (250 mL) cream cheese
- 1 lbs breakfast sausage meat cooked
- 1 cup blueberries
- ¼ cup (50 mL) maple syrup (we used 47 North maple syrup)
- 8 eggs
- ½ cup (125 mL) whole milk
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) cinnamon powder
- Whip the cream cheese until it is light and airy.
- Slice the bread in ¾ inch slices
- Take two slices and spread the cream cheese on both sides.
- Add the sausage meat and blueberries to the first side and place the second slice on top.
- Combine the eggs, milk, vanilla and cinnamon together in a shallow dish.
- Carefully dip the bread slices into the egg mixture coating both sides.
- Place on a buttered medium high grill and cook both sides until golden. approximately three to four minutes.
- Serve with maple syrup
47 North maple syrup is available at Sobeys.