Recipes | CTV News at 5
CTV is helping to take the stress out of mealtime by providing inspiration for delicious dishes!
Every Wednesday at five we'll share a recipe crafted by the Kilted Chef Alain Bosse, featuring local food processors from around the Maritimes. The recipes are easy to make with step-by-step instructions.
Check back each week for the latest dish and visit atlanticfood.ca for more information on participating members.
Wild Blueberry Maple Mini Muffins
- 1 tbsp Iron Berry wild blueberry powder
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup Iron Berry chia wild blueberry powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- One egg
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil melted
- 1/2 cup 0% Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup oat milk
- 1/2 cup Iron Berry maple syrup with ginger
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet dark chocolate divided
- 1/4 cup walnut pieces
- Combine the whole wheat flour, chia wild blueberry powder, wild blueberry powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine the egg, coconut oil, yogurt, oat milk, and Iron Berry maple syrup with ginger. Mix well.
- Combine the wet ingredients into the dry.
- Chop half of the chocolate and stir it along with the walnuts into the batter.
- Line a mini muffin tin with liners and drop the batter into the cups.
- Bake in a preheated 350° oven for 15 minutes.
- Once baked, let sit for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the pan and place on a cooling rack with a piece of parchment underneath.
- Melt the remaining chocolate and drizzle over top of the bites.
Iron Berry products are available at Sobeys, Amazon, and www.ironberry.ca