CTV is helping to take the stress out of mealtime by providing inspiration for delicious dishes!
Every Wednesday at five we'll share a recipe crafted by the Kilted Chef Alain Bosse, featuring local food processors from around the Maritimes. The recipes are easy to make with step-by-step instructions.
Check back each week for the latest dish and visit atlanticfood.ca for more information on participating members.
Traditional Ploye Topped with Tipsy Maple Bananas and Maple Butter
Tipsy Maple Bananas Flambé
Ingredients for two:
- 2 bananas (not too ripe)
- 1 orange
- ½ cup maple syrup (we used Unique Maple)
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 ½ oz. rum
- Peel the Bananas
- Cut them lengthwise, in two
- In a flambé pan or skillet, make a light caramel, by combining sugar, butter and the juice of the orange. Add bananas and let simmer in syrup for a few minutes
- Flame with rum
Preparation time: 5 min
Cooking time: by sight
- 2 cups of buckwheat flour (we used
- 1 cup of bread flour
- 1 tsp. fine salt
- 2- ¼ cups of boiling water
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- In a large bowl, add the bread flour to the buckwheat flour (we used buckwheat flour from Corriveau Industries Inc.)
- Moisten with two cups of cold water
- Add the salt and mix well to form dough
- Pour two cups of boiling water onto the dough and stir well
- Add the baking powder and mix well
- Cook by pouring a thin layer into a very hot frying pan, the same way you do for a pancake, but don’t flip it!
Stuff Ploy with tipsy Banana roll and finish with the seasonal maple butter and maple whipped cream.