Articles by Andrea Jerrett
- RCMP needs to be overhauled, start admitting mistakes: N.S. shooting inquiry report
- Student charged with attempted murder in stabbings at Halifax-area high school
- 2 staff members, student suspect injured in stabbing at Halifax-area high school
- Cole Harbour man at centre of emergency alert dies after injuring himself with knife: RCMP
- 'Dangerous man with firearm' arrested in Nova Scotia; emergency alert cancelled
- 'I need to find my son': N.S. mother desperate for answers a year after son's disappearance
- Woman wanted for 2022 murder of Saint John man turns herself in to police
- Plow Chicka Plow Plow: Saint John shows off fleet of newly-named snowplows
- Man found dead behind Nova Scotia Power substation in Stellarton
- Cape Breton man charged after dog tied up outside in cold temperatures
Andrea Jerrett is the digital producer at CTV Atlantic in Halifax.
Raised in Stellarton, N.S., Andrea has a passion for sharing local news stories that affect and interest Maritimers.
In 2008, Andrea graduated from the University of King’s College in Halifax with a Bachelor of Journalism (Honours) combined with Political Science.
After graduation, she started her career at CTV Atlantic as an autocue operator. In 2011, Andrea was chosen to help launch CTV Atlantic’s local news website. Since then, she has spearheaded digital coverage on everything from breaking news to weather events to provincial elections.
Andrea is a generalist, but she especially enjoys writing stories about arts and culture and social issues, especially those that affect women and young Maritimers. She also has a keen interest in court reporting.
Prior to CTV Atlantic, Andrea worked at CKEC -- now 94.1 The Breeze -- in New Glasgow, N.S., as a summer cruiser reporter. She also spent a summer working as a newspaper reporter for The News in New Glasgow, N.S. While at the University of King’s College, she wrote articles for The Watch Magazine.
Andrea enjoys spending time with her friends and family, especially her daughter. She loves movies, music, books, travelling and exploring the local food and wine scene. You will often find her at the beach.
She speaks English.