Articles by Melanie Price
- 'Hello, Jerry': Seinfeld to headline Halifax comedy festival
- Team Canada goes for gold at IIHF World Junior Championship in Halifax
- 'This is just a different way to see this space': Open mic night puts the 'fun' in funeral home
- N.S. reports 16 COVID-19-related deaths Thursday, decrease in cases
- CTV Atlantic’s special coverage of Fiona
- 'We are seeing unprecedented damage': Power restoration efforts continue across Nova Scotia
- Crews continue work to clear Charlottetown streets, reception centres reopen
- Halifax offers drinking water to those in need
- RCMP turn to the public for help identifying suspect in break, enter and theft
- Man caught driving more than 50 km/h over speed limit: Halifax police
Melanie is a digital promotions producer at CTV Atlantic in Halifax.
Raised in Lr. Sackville, N.S., Melanie has always had a passion for television and dreamed of working in the industry.
Melanie graduated from Saint Mary’s University with a Bachelor of Arts degree with an advanced major in English. She then earned a diploma in Radio and Television Arts from the Nova Scotia Community College, where she graduated at the top of her class.
In 2003, Melanie first joined the CTV Atlantic team as a television technician. During that time she filled a variety of roles including editor, studio camera operator, ENG camera operator, audio operator, and floor director.
In 2007, Melanie took on an editorial role when she accepted the position of senior production assistant for the CTV News at Six and director of the CTV News at 11:30. Melanie transitioned to the role of digital promotions producer in 2011. Within that role, Melanie manages and publishes photo, video, and written content on CTV Atlantic’s digital and social media platforms.
Throughout her time at CTV Atlantic, Melanie has covered a variety of topics, including breaking news, provincial elections, and weather events. Melanie is a generalist, but she especially enjoys writing feature and sports stories.
Melanie worked as a freelancer with Insight Productions, TSN, and Sportsnet. As a freelancer, she has been a part of coverage of national and international events such as the Junos, World Junior Hockey Championships, World Curling Championships, National Figure Skating Championships, NHL hockey, and LPGA golf.
Melanie was the editor of a report that won Best Short Feature at the 2011 Atlantic RTDNA Awards and a report that won Best Feature Reporting at the 2007 International Edward R. Murrow Awards. She was also part of the CTV Atlantic team that won an RTDNA award for their coverage of Hurricane Juan in 2003 and the team that won a RTDNA digital media award for coverage of Hurricane Dorian in 2019.
Melanie speaks English.