Cheddar Cheese Soup
Published Monday, February 22, 2021 6:16PM AST
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 Tbsp. minced fresh garlic
- 3 Tbsp. salted butter (we used Dairy Isle Salted Butter)
- 1 28oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 900ml. carton no-salt chicken broth
- 1 cup whipping cream (we used ADL Whipping Cream)
- 2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (we used Dairy Isle Shredded Mozzarella Cheese)
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese (we used Dairy Isle Shredded Cheddar Cheese)
- ¼ cup rough chopped fresh basil leaves
- In a medium size saucepan, over medium to high heat, add 3 Tbsp. butter and diced onion.
- Cook while stirring with a wooden spoon until onions softened and beginning to brown.
- Add the minced garlic and continue to cook for 30 seconds.
- Add can of diced tomatoes, chicken broth, whipping cream and ground black pepper.
- Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat and add the rough chopped basil leaves, shredded mozzarella and cheddar cheese.
- Continue to cook until the cheese has melted.
- Remove from heat and puree using a hand blender.
- Ladle soup into boils and garnish top with addition shredded cheddar cheese.