Recipes | CTV Morning Live Atlantic
Roasted Squash and Apple Soup
- 1 butternut squash
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 granny smith apples, peel and chopped
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- 1000 ml vegetable broth
- 400 ml coconut milk
- Cut butternut squash lengthwise and scoop out seeds. Brush with oil, lay cut side down on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake at 400 for 45-60 minutes.
- In a large pot, sauté onions in oil until golden. Add celery and garlic, sauté for a few minutes.
- Add apples, cinnamon and nutmeg, stir and cook for a few minutes.
- Add vegetable broth, bring to a simmer.
- Once squash is done, add to pot and puree with an immersion blender until smooth.
- Add coconut at the end and stir until combined and smooth.