Atlantic News | Local Breaking | CTV News Atlantic
Overheated laptop blamed for P.E.I. house fire
A laptop damaged by fire is shown in this file photo.
MONTAGUE, P.E.I. -- An overheated laptop computer sitting on a bed is believed to have started a fire in P.E.I. that has left a mother and her two children homeless.
RCMP say the fire started just before 6 a.m. at a residence in Montague.
Firefighters responded to a 9-1-1 call from 16 Parkman Ave.
The family of three escape uninjured.
Fire officials say the family was alerted to the fire by a smoke alarm.
The family is staying with relatives and is receiving help from the P.E.I. Red Cross.