Ten men charged in Moncton prostitution bust
The son of TV's 'Judge Judy' is being accused of interfering in a child rape case in which the suspect is his personal trainer.
Published Thursday, November 15, 2012 12:42PM AST
Last Updated Thursday, November 15, 2012 12:43PM AST
Ten men appeared in Moncton provincial court Wednesday following a major prostitution bust in September.
The men were arrested during an operation targeting prostitution in the St. George Street area of Moncton on Sept. 19.
Police say the operation is part of an ongoing effort to curb sex trade activities in the Moncton area.
The men were each charged with one count of communicating for the purpose of prostitution:
- Armel Joseph Anglehart, 52, of Stoney Creek
- Gerard Joseph Cormier, 58, of Calgary
- Jacques Haché, 52, of Notre-Dame
- Roland Arsenault, 48, of Moncton
- William Todd Craig, 49, of Fredericton
- Henry Allen Trites, 47, of Moncton
- Guillaume D'Ostie, 25, of Allardville
- Joseph Lirette, 60, of Saint-Antoine
- Mathieu Juvan, 31, of Saint-Louis
- Jason Paul Breau, 31, of Moncton
Police say nine of the cases were adjourned until December and January.
Breau pleaded not guilty to the charge. His trial date is set for Feb. 25.