Future Forecasters CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
Published Friday, November 10, 2017 1:26PM AST
Last Updated Friday, November 10, 2017 1:27PM AST
1. The Future Forecasters Contest starts at 7:00 a.m. AT on November 13, 2017 and closes on November 25, 2017 at 7:00 a.m. AT (the “Contest Period”). No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited.
2. The Contest sponsor is Bell Media Inc. (hereinafter referred to as the “Contest Sponsor”).
3. To enter and to be eligible to win, entrant must be a legal resident of New Brunswick, Newfoundland, Nova Scotia, or Prince Edward Island, Canada and be between six (inclusive) and 13 (inclusive) years of age. Employees and their parents, siblings and children, and persons domiciled with an employee of the Contest Sponsor, its agents, parent, affiliated or related companies, subsidiaries, divisions, prize sponsors, and promotional and advertising agencies and administrators, are ineligible to enter. Subject to the age requirement provided above, entrants who are under the age of majority at the date of entry are eligible to enter the Contest and win the Prize provided that the parent or legal guardian of the entrant accepts the Prize and the terms and conditions hereof for and on behalf of such entrant. A winner of a previous Bell Media Inc. contest within the thirty (30) days preceding the selection of the winner for this Contest (including persons designated by such winners to take ownership of prizes) and persons domiciled with a winner may be disqualified.
4. TO ENTER the Contest, simply visit the web site located at www.CTVAtlantic.ca, click on the Contest page and complete and submit your entry by following the instructions found on the Contest page. All Entries must include: (i) your name, age, ten-digit day and evening telephone number and email address; (ii) a unique and original video that showcases your weather forecasting skills, no more than thirty (30) seconds in length (each, a “Video”). Your Video must comply with the Submission Guidelines set out below. If your Video is submitted and received during the Contest Period in accordance with these Rules, as determined by the Contest Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion, you will receive one (1) entry (each, an “Entry”) into the Contest.
5. IMPORTANT NOTE: The Contest Sponsor reserves the right at any time, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof, in form and substance satisfactory to the Contest Sponsor within the timeframe specified by the Contest Sponsor that: (i) confirms that the entrant and the Entry meet all of the applicable requirements specified in these Rules; (ii) the entrant has all necessary permissions and authorizations as required pursuant to these Rules including permission from all persons (or from a parent or legal guardian if such person is a minor); and/or (iii) is required for any other reason that the Contest Sponsor deems necessary, in its sole and absolute discretion for the purposes of administering this Contest in accordance with these Rules, or for any other reason. Failure to provide such proof to the complete satisfaction of the Contest Sponsor within the timeline specified may result in disqualification in the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsor.
6. The Contest Sponsor may post and/or broadcast on air or online any Videos submitted as set forth in these Rules. Any Video the Contest Sponsor deems, at any time, violates the terms and conditions set forth in these Rules, as determined by the Contest Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion, may be taken down. Prior to being posted or aired, the Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to edit or modify any Video or to request an entrant to modify, edit and/or re-submit his or her Video, in order to ensure that it complies with these Rules, including the Submission Guidelines, or for any other reason.
7. Prize – There is one (1) prize (the “Prize”) available to be won, consisting of an opportunity to visit the CTV Atlantic studios in Halifax, Nova Scotia and to appear on CTV Morning Live with Alyse Hand and assist in the presentation of the weather forecast. The date/time of the visit will be mutually agreed upon by the winner and the Contest Sponsor. The winner will also receive a CTV gift pack consisting of a CTV mug, a CTV umbrella, a CTV lanyard, a CTV lunch bag and a signed CTV Morning Live cast 8 x 10 photo. The approximate retail value of the Prize is $30.00 CAD. The participation in the weather presentation has no retail value.
8. Prize must be accepted as awarded. The Prize may not be sold, transferred and is not convertible to cash. Contest Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a Prize in whole or in part in the event that all or any component of the Prize is unavailable. Prize winner is solely responsible for all costs not expressly described herein.
9. WINNER SELECTION - On Monday, November 27, 2017 at approximately 10:00 AT, a panel of judges appointed by the Contest Sponsor (the “Judges”) will review all eligible Entries received during the Contest Period. The Judges will assign a score to each Video contained in such Entries on the basis of the following equally-weighed criteria: (i) quality of the Video (ii) effectiveness of the presentation. The entrant who receives the highest score will be deemed the potential Prize winner. In the event of a tie, the Video (from among all such Videos that are tied) that scored higher on the quality of the Video will be deemed to have obtained the higher score. The odds of winning will depend on the total number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period and the calibre of the Videos associated with such Entries on the basis of the judging criteria. Bell Media Inc., acting reasonably, will attempt to contact the potential winner’s parent or legal guardian to notify potential winner that he or she may have won the Prize by telephone within two (2) business days after the winner selection. In the event that the potential winner cannot be contacted within two (2) business days after the winner selection, he or she will be disqualified and the Contest Sponsor shall be fully and completely released and discharged from any liability or responsibility in this regard, and an alternate potential winner may be selected at the Contest Sponsor’s sole discretion. Proof of identification must be provided upon request. In order to be declared the winner, potential winner must first correctly answer, unaided, a time limited mathematical skill testing question administered by Bell Media Inc. In the event the potential winner refuses to accept the Prize as awarded, he/she will be disqualified and will forfeit all rights to the Prize. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to select the entrant associated with the Video that received the next highest score as the new potential winner and the Contest Sponsor shall be fully and completely released and discharged from any liability or responsibility in this regard.
10. Before being awarded a Prize, the potential winner’s parent or legal guardian must sign and return within the time stipulated by the Contest Sponsor a declaration and release prepared by the Contest Sponsor, which, among other things: (i) confirms compliance with these Rules; (ii) agrees to release the Contest Sponsor, their officers, directors, employees, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any and all claims, damages, liabilities, costs, and expenses arising from any liability in connection with this Contest and/or his/her participation therein; (iii) grants to the Contest Sponsor, in perpetuity, a royalty-free, transferable license to use, reproduce and otherwise exploit all or any portion of his/her Video for any purpose whatsoever and waives his/her moral rights therein; (iv) agrees to indemnify the Released Parties against any and all claims, damages, liabilities, costs, and expenses arising from use of his/her Video including, without limitation, any claim that his/her Video infringes a proprietary interest of any third party; and (v) agrees to the publication, reproduction and/or other use of his/her name, address, voice, statements about the Contest and/or photograph or other likeness without further notice or compensation, in any publicity or advertisement carried out by or on behalf of the Contest Sponsor in any manner whatsoever, including print, broadcast or the internet. If the potential winner: (a) fails to correctly answer the skill-testing question; (b) fails to return the properly executed Contest documents within the specified time; and/or (c) cannot be a declared winner in accordance with these Rules for any reason; then he/she will be disqualified (and will forfeit all rights to be a winner) and the Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to select the entrant whose Video received the second highest score during the winner selection to be an eligible winner (in which case the foregoing provisions of this section shall apply to such new eligible winner).
11. VIDEO SUBMISSION GUIDELINES: Videos must be original and not include any third party’s proprietary content, including trade-marks or copyrighted content. Contest Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may disqualify any entrant who uses third party proprietary content, at any time. Contest Sponsor further reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to edit any Video to blur out any trade-marks or to remove any copyrighted content. Contest Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Video that involves anything illegal, potentially or actually dangerous or harmful or containing any element of physical risk, at any time. Any Video that involves a third party that does not choose to be part of the Video may also be disqualified. Videos must not include any illegal, defamatory or in any way obscene content. Videos cannot be a parody or derogatory. Videos remain the property of the entrant, however by entering this Contest, each entrant (i) represents and warrants that his/her Video is his or her original work and does not infringe on any third party’s copyright, trade-mark or other intellectual property rights, (ii) represents and warrants that he/she has all necessary rights from any third party that appears, or is mentioned, in the Video, including those from the parent or legal guardian if third party is under the age of majority; (iii) grants the Contest Sponsor, an unlimited, royalty free, irrevocable, right and license to reproduce, post and/or broadcast the video in any form of media now known or hereinafter developed, including, but not limited to, CTV Atlantic weather forecast; (iv) waives all moral rights in the Video in favour of the Contest Sponsor; (v) agrees to release, indemnify, discharge and hold harmless the Released Parties from any claim or liability arising from or related to the video and/or his/her participation in this Contest; and (vi) consents to the publication and/or use, in any medium of the entrant’s Video, name, city of residence, photograph and/or image for publicity purposes carried out by the Contest Sponsor and/or its advertising and promotional agencies without payment or compensation of any kind. The Video may be showcased by the Contest Sponsor on a public viewing gallery, including without limitation, on the Contest website. The Contest Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any claims against infringement of the right of privacy with respect to any Video.
12. By entering this Contest, the entrants and participants automatically agree to accept and abide by these Rules. All decisions of the Contest Sponsor and the Judges with respect to any aspect of this Contest, including without limitation the eligibility of Entries, are final and binding on all entrants in all matters as they relate to this Contest.
13. All entries become property of Contest Sponsor who assumes no responsibility for garbled, lost, late, delayed, destroyed or misdirected entries, mail, voice messages, e-mail or any computer errors or malfunctions. No correspondence will be entered into except with entrants requesting Rules by mail or requesting the name of the Prize winner (for which a self-addressed, postage paid envelope must be included). Contest Sponsor does not assume any responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information, technical malfunctions, human or technical error, seeding or printing errors, lost, delayed or garbled data or transmissions, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or failures of any telephone or computer line or network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof. Entry materials or data that have been tampered with or altered are void. If for any reason, in the opinion of the Contest Sponsor, in its sole discretion, the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, or if the administration, security, fairness, integrity or the proper conduct of the Contest is corrupted or adversely affected, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond its control, Contest Sponsor reserves its right to cancel, terminate, modify, amend, extend or suspend the Contest, and select a winner from previously received eligible entries. Contest Sponsor reserves its right to modify the Rules without materially affecting the terms and conditions hereof. The Contest Sponsor reserves its right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of the Rules or otherwise in a disruptive manner. Any attempts to deliberately damage the Contest web site or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made the Contest Sponsor reserves its right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent of the law. Contest Sponsor shall not be held responsible for any errors or negligence that may arise or occur in connection with the Contest including any damage to an entrant’s computer equipment, system, software or any combination thereof, as a result of their participation in this Contest or from downloading any material from the Contest web site.
15. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of the Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest related materials, including but not limited to the Contest entry form, or point of sale, television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of the Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
16. All intellectual property, including but not limited to trade-marks, trade-names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Contest Sponsor and/or its affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
LEGALS for the Future Forecasters Contest
No purchase necessary. Contest starts at 7:00 a.m. AT on November 13, 2017 and closes on November 25, 2017 at 7:00 a.m. Open to legal residents of New Brunswick, Newfoundland, Nova Scotia, or Prince Edward Island who are between six (inclusive) and 13 (inclusive) years of age. Some restrictions apply. Correct answer to a mathematical skill testing question required. Approximate retail value of the Prize is $30 CAD. Odds of winning the Prize will depend upon the total number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period and the caliber of the videos associated with such entries. Complete contest rules and entry available at http://atlantic.ctvnews.ca/future-forecasters.