McCafé® Community Moments CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. The McCafé® Community Moments contest (the “Contest”) starts at 7:00 a.m. Atlantic Time (“AT”) on Monday, April 17, 2017 and closes at 7:00 a.m. AT on Saturday, April 30, 2017 (the “Contest Period”). No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited
2. The contest sponsor is Bell Media Inc. (hereinafter referred to as the “Contest Sponsor”).
3. To enter the Contest, you (each an “entrant” or a “Nominator”, as the context requires) must be a legal resident of Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, New Brunswick or Newfoundland and Labrador and be of the age of majority in the province in which you reside. Employees and their parents, siblings and children, and persons domiciled with an employee of the Contest Sponsor, its agents, parent, affiliated, associated or related companies, subsidiaries, retailers, divisions, prize sponsors and promotional and advertising agencies and administrators, are ineligible to enter. A winner of a previous Bell Media Inc. contest within the three (3) months preceding the start of this Contest (including persons designated by such winners to take ownership of prizes) and persons domiciled with a winner are not eligible to enter.
4. TO ENTER the Contest, simply visit the web site located at CTVAtlantic.ca, click on the Contest page and complete and submit your entry (each, an “Entry”) by following the instructions found on the Contest page. All Entries must include: (i) your name, age, ten-digit day and evening telephone number and email address; (ii) the name, ten-digit day and evening telephone number and email address of the person you are nominating (the “Nominee”); and (iii) a brief explanation (maximum 100 words in length) of why the Nominee deserves to win (each, a “Submission”). In order to be eligible, the Submissions must comply with the Submission Guidelines, in Section 9 below. Entries shall be deemed to be submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an internet access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Illegible entries are ineligible. Limit of one (1) Entry per Nominator during the Contest Period. A Nominee may only be entered once into the Contest. If it is discovered by the Contest Sponsor (using any evidence or other information made available to or otherwise discovered by the Contest Sponsor) that any Nominator has attempted to: (i) exceed the foregoing limit on entries; and/or (ii) use multiple names, identities, email addresses and/or any automated, macro, script, robotic or other system(s) or program(s) to enter or otherwise participate in or to disrupt this Contest; then he/she may be disqualified from the Contest in the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsor. An Entry may be rejected if (in the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsor) the Entry is not fully completed with all required information and submitted and received in accordance with these Rules during the Contest Period. The Contest Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, misdirected, delayed, incomplete or incompatible Entries (all of which are void). All Entries are subject to verification at any time and for any reason. The sole determinant of the time for the purposes of this Contest will be the Contest server machine(s). The Contest Sponsor reserves the right to reject and disqualify any Entry if it discovers that any information provided is either false or fraudulent (as determined by the Contest Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion). The Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to reject any Submission the Contest Sponsor deems not to be in keeping with the policies, goals and/or guiding principles of the Contest, or that the Contest Sponsor learns has been previously published, entered into any other contest, and/or won any other prize/award.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The Contest Sponsor reserves the right at any time, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof, in form and substance satisfactory to the Contest Sponsor within the timeframe specified by the Contest Sponsor that: (i) confirms that the Nominator, the Nominee and the Submissions meet all of the applicable requirements specified in these Rules; (ii) the Nominator has all necessary permissions and authorizations as required pursuant to these Rules including permission from all persons (or from a parent or legal guardian if such person is a minor) mentioned in the Submission (including the Nominee); and/or (iii) is required for any other reason that the Contest Sponsor deems necessary, in its sole and absolute discretion for the purposes of administering this Contest in accordance with these Rules, or for any other reason. Failure to provide such proof to the complete satisfaction of the Contest Sponsor within the timeline specified may result in disqualification in the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsor. The Contest Sponsor may post and/or broadcast on air or online any Submissions submitted as set forth in these Rules. Any Submission that the Contest Sponsor deems, at any time, violates the terms and conditions set forth in these Rules, as determined by the Contest Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion, may be taken down. Prior to being posted or aired, the Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to edit or modify any Submission, or to request a Nominator to modify, edit and/or re-submit his or her Submission, in order to ensure that the Submission complies with these Rules, including the Submission Requirements, or for any other reason.
5. PRIZE: There is one (1) prize available to be won (the “Prize”), consisting of one (1) McCafé gift basket which includes twenty-four (24) 340-gram bags of McCafé Premium Roast Coffee, a McCafé tumbler mug, a McCafé mug and a $100 McCafé Gift Card. The redemption and use of the McCafé Gift Card is subject to the terms and conditions set forth by McDonald’s Restaurants of Canada Limited (“McDonald’s”) at www.mcdonalds.ca. Approximate retail value of the Prize is three hundred and fifty dollars ($350.00) CAD.
6. Prize must be accepted as awarded. The Prize may not be sold, transferred and is not convertible to cash. Contest Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a Prize in whole or in part in the event that all or any component of the Prize is unavailable. Prize winner is solely responsible for all costs not expressly described herein.
7. On Monday May 1, 2017 at approximately 11:00 a.m. AT, a panel of judges appointed by the Contest Sponsor (the “Judges”) will review all eligible Submissions received during the Contest Period. The Judges will assign a score to each Submission on the basis of the following equally-weighted criteria: (i) the compelling nature of the community involvement; and (ii) the level of commitment to the cause by the Nominee. The Nominee associated with the Submission who receives the highest score will be deemed the potential Prize winner (a “Winning Nominee”). In the case of a tie, the Submission from among all such Submissions tied who scored highest on criteria (ii), i.e. the level of commitment to the cause by the Nominee, will be deemed to have obtained the higher score and be deemed the Winning Nominee, and the Contest Sponsor shall be fully and completely released and discharged from any liability or responsibility in this regard. The odds of becoming a Winning Nominee will depend on the number and calibre of eligible Submissions received during the Contest Period. The Contest Sponsor, acting reasonably, will attempt to contact the potential Prize winner to notify potential winner that he or she may have won the Prize, by telephone within two (2) business days after the winner selection. In the event that a potential winner cannot be contacted within two (2) business days after the winner selection, he or she will be disqualified and an alternate potential winner may be selected at the Contest Sponsor’s sole discretion. The Contest Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to select the Nominee who received the next highest score as the new potential Winning Nominee and the Contest Sponsors shall be fully and completely released and discharged from any liability or responsibility in this regard. Proof of identification must be provided upon request.
8. Contest Sponsor a declaration and release prepared by the Contest Sponsor, which, among other things: (i) confirms compliance with these Rules; (ii) agrees to release the Contest Sponsor, its parent, subsidiary, related, associated and affiliated companies, divisions, retailers, employees, agents, prize sponsors (including McDonald’s), partners, licensees, successors and assigns, their respective promotional and advertising agencies and administrators, and each of their respective shareholders, officers, directors, employees, independent contractors, agents, representatives, successors, licensees and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any and all claims, damages, liabilities, costs, and expenses arising from any liability in connection with this Contest and/or his/her or the Nominator’s participation therein; (iii) agrees to the publication, reproduction and/or other use of his/her name, address, voice, statements about the Contest, any details regarding his/her community involvements and/or photograph or other likeness without further notice or compensation, in any publicity or advertisement carried out by or on behalf of the Contest Sponsor in any manner whatsoever, including print, broadcast or the internet. If a potential winner: (a) fails to return the properly executed Contest documents within the specified time; and/or (b) cannot be a declared winner in accordance with these Rules for any reason; then he/she will be disqualified (and will forfeit all rights to be a winner) and the Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to select the Nominee whose Submission received the second highest score during the winner selection to be an eligible winner (in which case the foregoing provisions of this section shall apply to such new eligible winner).
9. SUBMISSION GUIDELINES: Each Submission must outline the Nominee’s community involvement, including the amount of time the Nominee has been participating in the effort and how his or her involvement is making a difference in that community or to people’s lives. Community involvement may include but is not limited to supporting local school initiatives, programs to assist seniors, environmental projects and/or support for athletes or teams. The Submission must not include any third party’s proprietary content, including trade-marks or copyrighted content. The Contest Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion, may disqualify any Nominator (and his/her Entry) who uses third party proprietary content, at any time. The Contest Sponsor further reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to edit any Submission to blur out any trade-marks or to remove any copyrighted contest. Contest Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Submissions that involve anything illegal, potentially or actually dangerous or harmful or containing any element of physical risk, at any time, request proof in a satisfactory form that a Nominator has all necessary rights in and to his/her Submission in order to ensure that the Submission complies with these Rules, or for any other reason. Any Submission that involves a third party (including the Nominee) that does not consent to be part of the Submission may also be disqualified. Submissions must not, in the sole and unfettered discretion of the Contest Sponsor, contain any illegal, defamatory, disparaging, discriminatory, libellous or in any way obscene content. The Submission remains the property of the Nominator; however, by entering this Contest, each Nominator: (i) represents and warrants that his/her Submission is his/her original work and does not infringe on any third party’s copyright, trade-mark, privacy or other rights; (ii) represents and warrants that he/she has all necessary rights from any third party that is mentioned in his/her Submission, including those from the parent or legal guardian if a third party is under the age of majority; (iii) grants the Contest Sponsor an unlimited, royalty free, irrevocable, right and license to use, reproduce and otherwise exploit, in any form of media now known or hereinafter developed all or any portion of his/her Submission for any purpose whatsoever, including, but not limited to, promoting or advertising the Contest; (iv) waives all moral rights in his/her Submission in favour of the Contest Sponsor; (v) agrees to release, indemnify, discharge and hold harmless the Released Parties from any claim or liability arising from or related to his/her Submission and/or his/her participation in this Contest. Contest Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any claims against infringement of the right of privacy with respect to any Submission.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Contest Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Submission (and the corresponding Entry) that violates the rights of a Nominee (as determined by the Contest Sponsor at its sole and absolute discretion) and/or that, defames, libels or slanders a Nominee (or any other person). By entering the Contest, each Nominator agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any claims by a Nominee (or any member thereof) relating to the content of the Nominator’s Submission.
10. By entering this Contest the entrants and participants automatically agree to accept and abide by these Rules. All decisions of the Contest Sponsor and Judges with respect to any aspect of this Contest, including without limitation the eligibility of entries, are final and binding on all entrants in all matters as they relate to this Contest.
11. All entries become property of Contest Sponsor who assumes no responsibility for garbled, lost, late, delayed, destroyed or misdirected entries, mail, voice messages, e-mail or any computer errors or malfunctions. No correspondence will be entered into except with entrants requesting Rules by mail or requesting the name of the Prize winner (for which a self-addressed, postage paid envelope must be included). Contest Sponsor does not assume any responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information, technical malfunctions, human or technical error, seeding or printing errors, lost, delayed or garbled data or transmissions, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or failures of any telephone or computer line or network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof. Entry materials or data that have been tampered with or altered are void. If for any reason, in the opinion of the Contest Sponsor, in its sole discretion, the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, or if the administration, security, fairness, integrity or the proper conduct of the Contest is corrupted or adversely affected, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond its control, Contest Sponsor reserves its right to cancel, terminate, modify, amend, extend or suspend the Contest, and select a winner from previously received eligible entries. Contest Sponsor reserves its right to modify the Rules without materially affecting the terms and conditions hereof. The Contest Sponsor reserves its right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual they find to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of the Rules or otherwise in a disruptive manner. Any attempts to deliberately damage the Contest web site or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made the Contest Sponsor reserves its right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent of the law. Contest Sponsor shall not be held responsible for any errors or negligence that may arise or occur in connection with the Contest including any damage to an entrant’s computer equipment, system, software or any combination thereof, as a result of their participation in this Contest or from downloading any material from the Contest web site.
13. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of the Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest related materials, including but not limited to the Contest entry form, or point of sale, television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of the Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
14. All intellectual property, including but not limited to trade-marks, trade-names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Contest Sponsor and/or its affiliates or their respective owners, as applicable. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
McDONALD’S, McCAFÉ, the McCAFÉ® Signature and the Golden Arches logo are trademarks licensed from McDonald’s Corporation.
LEGALS for the McCafe Community Moments Contest
No purchase necessary. Contest starts at starts at 7:00 a.m. AT on Monday, April 17, 2017 and closes at 7:00 a.m. Sunday, April 30 , 2017 AT. Open to legal residents of New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island or Newfoundland and Labrador who are of the age of majority in the province in which they reside. Some restrictions apply. Correct answer to a mathematical skill testing question required. Approximate retail value of the Prize is $350.00 CAD. Odds of winning the Prize will depend upon the total number and caliber of eligible entries received during the Contest Period. Complete contest rules and entry available at CTVAtlantic.ca.