Fancy Screechin Saturday Morning Sandwich
Published Wednesday, September 16, 2020 1:18PM ADT
HALIFAX, N.S. -- Ingredients:
- 1 tbsp Screechin Hot Saucy (The Saucy Newfoundland Company)
- 1 tbsp each locally grown onion, green pepper, and tomato finely chopped
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1 farm fresh egg,whipped
- ½ tsp fresh rosemary
- Dash of pepper
- 2 slices of your favourite fancy bread, lightly toasted
- 2 tbsp of spreadable goat cheese
- ½ avocado thinly sliced
- ¼ cup micro greens
- Sauté onion, green pepper, in oil until soft and silky
- Pour farm fresh egg atop sautéed vegetables.
- Sprinkle with rosemary and a dash of pepper. Allow to cook thoroughly and then flip to cook on the opposite side.
- Spread 1 tbsp of goat cheese on both pieces of bread.
- Add thinly sliced avocado to one slice of bread and egg mixture to the other slice of bread.
- Layer a generous heap of micro greens atop the avocado.
- Top the egg mixture with a generous tbsp of Screechin Hot Sauce.
- Carefully place the green half of the sandwich on top of the egg side.
- Cut in half diagonally