Atlantic News | Local Breaking | CTV News Atlantic
Mexican Inspired Salad Bowl
- 4 cups chopped lettuce
- 1 cup cooked corn
- 1 cup cooked black beans
- 1 cup diced and roasted sweet potato
- 2 roasted chicken breasts, sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup sliced red onion
- 1 avocado, peeled and diced
- ½ cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 batch cilantro and lime vinaigrette
- Divide the lettuce among four bowls.
- Then divide the remaining ingredients.
- Spoon 1-2 tbsp of dressing over each salad and serve.
Cilantro & Lime Vinaigrette
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 jalapeno, seeds removed and minced
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- ¾ cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium mixing bowl or the bowl of a blender, combine all of the ingredients for the vinaigrette except the olive oil.
- Mix the ingredients well, then slowly whisk in the oil until it has all been absorbed into the vinaigrette.