N.B. identifies two new COVID-19 cases; multiple COVID-19 exposures
HALIFAX -- Two new cases of COVID-19 were reported in New Brunswick on Friday, bringing the total number of active cases in the province to 14.
One of the new cases involves an individual in their 20s in the Moncton region (Zone 1). The other case involves and individual 19 and under in the Saint John region (Zone 2).
Both cases are under investigation and the individuals are self-isolating as required.
On Thursday, New Brunswick reported one new case of COVID-19 involving and individual in their 30s. Public health says that case is related to travel outside the Atlantic Bubble.
All regions of New Brunswick are back in the yellow phase, allowing people to gather with loved ones and go out to restaurants.
As of Friday, half of the active cases in New Brunswick were in the Fredericton region.
Public health says most of the cases are either directly related to travel or linked to an individual who recently travelled outside the Atlantic bubble, including international travel. Individual cases and their close contacts are currently self-isolating.
POTENTIAL COVID-19 EXPOSURES
The town of Sussex, N.B. is warning the public of a potential COVID-19 exposure at a popular sports centre in Sussex, N.B.
In a Facebook post from the Town of Sussex, they say the exposure happened on Tuesday at the 8th Hussars Sports Centre.
Anyone who was at the sports centre on Tuesday is being asked to self-monitor for COVID-19 symptoms.
New Brunswick public health officials are also warning of two possible exposures. They include:
- The GoodLife Location Moncton Junction Village Gym at 175 Ivan Rand Drive East in Moncton between 8 a.m. and 9:30 a.m. and 7 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. on Nov. 6 and between 8:30 p.m. and 10 p.m. on Nov. 9.
- Aldo Shoes situated at CF Champlain situated at 477 Paul St. In Dieppe, on Nov. 6 from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.;Nov. 7 from 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Nov. 8 from 10:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.; Nov. 9 from noon to 7:30 p.m.; and Nov. 10 from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
If you were at either of the locations on the dates and times listed, you should self-monitor for symptoms for 14 days. Should any COVID-19 symptoms develop, you should and to 811 to get tested or take the self-assessment online.
APPROVALS FOR IMMEDIATE FAMILY VISITS
Beginning Friday, visits to immediate family in New Brunswick that were previously restricted to residents of Canadian provinces and territories are now open to anyone approved by Canada Border Services Agency and approved through the New Brunswick Travel Registration Program.
People from outside Canada planning to visit immediate family in New Brunswick should register as “other” and write that they are a visitor from outside Canada visiting immediate family in the province.
All visitors entering New Brunswick to visit immediate family must be symptom-free and must also self-isolate for 14 days, or the duration of the visit if shorter than 14 days.
New Brunswick has 358 confirmed cases of COVID-19. Of those, 338 cases have recovered. There have been six deaths, leaving 14 active cases in the province.
There is currently one person in the intensive care unit as a result of the novel coronavirus.
To date, 109,416 COVID-19 tests has been conducted in New Brunswick.
The number of cases are broken down by New Brunswick’s seven health zones:
- Zone 1 – Moncton region: 96 confirmed cases (2 active case)
- Zone 2 – Saint John region: 35 confirmed cases (2 active case)
- Zone 3 – Fredericton region: 74 confirmed cases (6 active cases)
- Zone 4 – Edmundston region: 8 confirmed cases
- Zone 5 – Campbellton region: 137 confirmed cases (2 active cases)
- Zone 6 – Bathurst region: 4 confirmed cases (1 active case)
- Zone 7 – Miramichi region: 4 confirmed cases (1 active case)
STATE OF EMERGENCY RENEWED
The state of emergency mandatory order was also renewed on Thursday under the authority of the Emergency Measures Act.
MONCTON SPECIAL-CARE HOME OUTBREAK OFFICIALLY OVER
Public health also announced Thursday that the COVID-19 outbreak at Manoir Notre-Dame, a special-care home in Moncton, is now officially over, as it has been 28 days since a positive test at the facility.
On Oct. 6, an outbreak was declared at Moncton's Manoir Notre-Dame, which has 112 residents and 56 employees.
In total, the outbreak consisted of 44 cases which included 22 residents and six staff.
Public health says all staff and residents of the facility were recently re-tested to confirm the end of the outbreak, which has been officially declared over by Dr. Yves Léger regional medical officer of health.
VEHICLE TRAFFIC INFORMATION
New Brunswick's online dashboard includes information about vehicle traffic attempting to enter the province.
On Thursday, 1,604 personal and 1,469 commercial vehicles attempted to cross the border into the province.
Of the vehicles attempting to cross the border, 11 were refused entry, for a refusal rate of 0.4 per cent.