Skip to main content

Missing N.S. woman, three-year-old boy found dead

Share

A 36-year-old Nova Scotia woman and a three-year-old boy who were reported missing from the Sheet Harbour area have both been found dead, police say.

Holly Jean Cooper and Lucas Robert Cooper were last seen on Ruth Falls Road in Ruth Falls around 2 a.m. Saturday.

Around 12:40 p.m. Tuesday, police said Holly had been found dead and search teams continued to look for Lucas.

Roughly an hour later, police said the boy was found dead near where Holly’s remains were found.

Rescue teams from Sheet Harbour, N.S., search for a missing three-year-old boy on Feb. 27, 2024. (Stephanie Tsicos/CTV Atlantic)

The RCMP tells CTV News they were found on the shoreline of a body of water near where they were last seen. 

Police say their deaths are not believed to be suspicious.

The investigation is ongoing.

For more Nova Scotia news visit our dedicated provincial page.

CTVNews.ca Top Stories

'Rust' armourer gets 18 months in prison for fatal shooting by Alec Baldwin on set

A movie weapons supervisor was sentenced to 18 months in prison in the fatal shooting of a cinematographer by Alec Baldwin on the set of the Western film "Rust," during a hearing Monday in which tearful family members and friends gave testimonials that included calls for justice and a punishment that would instill greater accountability for safety on film sets.

Donald Trump hush money trial, explained

All of Donald Trump's trials and the characters involved make for a complicated legal mess, particularly when the four criminal cases are added to Trump's civil liability for defamation and sexual misconduct and for business fraud. Here's what to know to get up to speed on this first criminal trial, starting April 15, 2024.

Here's what to expect in the 2024 federal budget

Deputy Prime Minister and Finance Minister Chrystia Freeland will be presenting the 2024 federal budget on Tuesday, revealing how the federal Liberal government intends to balance the nearly $40 billion in pre-announced new spending with her vow to remain fiscally prudent.

Prince Harry in legal setback about security protection in U.K.

Prince Harry's fight for police protection in the U.K. received another setback on Monday, when a judge rejected his request to appeal an earlier ruling upholding a government panel's decision to limit his access to publicly funded security after giving up his status as a working member of the royal family.

Stay Connected