Recipes | CTV News at 5
CTV is helping to take the stress out of mealtime by providing inspiration for delicious dishes!
Every Wednesday at five we'll share a recipe crafted by the Kilted Chef Alain Bosse, featuring local food processors from around the Maritimes. The recipes are easy to make with step-by-step instructions.
Check back each week for the latest dish and visit atlanticfood.ca for more information on participating members.
Makes 1 liter
- 4 litres of water (we used Jano Water)
- 1 chicken carcass
- 2 bay leaves
- 12 pepper corns
- 2 carrots cut into chunks
- 2 onions cut in ¼
- 2 celery sticks
- 1 leak (optional)
- Place your chicken carcass and vegetables in a large pot.
- Cover with water and bring to boil.
- Reduce to simmer for a good hour or until it reduces by half.
- Using a mesh strainer, remove all ingredients and bring back to a boil until you reduce it by half again.
- Cool and refrigerate for 12 hours.
Jano Water is available at all grocery stores.