Recipes | CTV News at 5
CTV is helping to take the stress out of mealtime by providing inspiration for delicious dishes!
Every Wednesday at five we'll share a recipe crafted by the Kilted Chef Alain Bosse, featuring local food processors from around the Maritimes. The recipes are easy to make with step-by-step instructions.
Check back each week for the latest dish and visit atlanticfood.ca for more information on participating members.
Shrimp Fritti with a Classic Cocktail Sauce
Shrimp Fritti Ingredients:
- 1 lb raw cold water shrimp (we used North Nova Seafoods shrimp)
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tbsp Cajun seasoning
- Place your raw shrimp in a mesh strainer to remove the liquid, then you are ready to use the shrimps.
- First mix your flour with Cajun seasoning.
- Using a small bag add ¼ lb of the cold water shrimps and add 1 tbsp of the flour Cajun mixture, shake in the bag and fry in the oil for less than a minute.
Makes 3 ½ cups
- 2 cups Ketchup
- 1 cup chili sauce
- ¼ cup horseradish
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- In a medium size bowl mix ketchup, chili sauce, and horseradish together and whisk.
- Finish with Worcestershire sauce and lemon juice.
- Refrigerate. This sauce will keep for few weeks if refrigerated.
North Nova Seafoods' products are available at Logan's Daily Catch.