Recipes | CTV News at 5
CTV is helping to take the stress out of mealtime by providing inspiration for delicious dishes!
Every Wednesday at five we'll share a recipe crafted by the Kilted Chef Alain Bosse, featuring local food processors from around the Maritimes. The recipes are easy to make with step-by-step instructions.
Check back each week for the latest dish and visit atlanticfood.ca for more information on participating members.
Beer Battered Fish Burger with Dill Remoulade
Fish Batter Ingredients:
- 1 cup of flour
- ½ cup of cornstarch
- ½ cup of rice flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp Old Bay Seasoning
- 3/4 cup beer (we used Libra non-alcoholic beer)
- Combine all dry ingredients and store in an airtight container to be used as needed.
- To make batter, combine one cup of the dry mix with 3/4 cup beer.
- Dip the fish fillets into the batter and place in a preheated 360 degree fryer. It is recommended that you only fry two pieces at a time.
- Once the fish fillet rises to the top of the oil it should be ready to flip. Depending on the thickness of the fish, it should take no more than 4-5 minutes.
Homemade Tartar Sauce Ingredients:
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp of fresh dill (or 1 tsp dried)
- Juice of ½ lemon
- ½ tsp of salt
- ¼ tsp of pepper
- ¼ cup shallots, finely diced
- 1 tbsp relish
- 1 tbsp of horseradish sauce
- Combine all ingredients together and refrigerate for 30 minutes before using.
Upstreet Brewing’s non-alcoholic craft beer is available online, as well as PEI Liquor stores, select locations in New Brunswick, private liquor stores in Halifax, and Upstreet BBQ Brewhouse.