Atlantic News | Local Breaking | CTV News Atlantic
CTV is helping to take the stress out of mealtime by providing inspiration for delicious dishes!
Every Wednesday at five we'll share a recipe crafted by the Kilted Chef Alain Bosse, featuring local food processors from around the Maritimes. The recipes are easy to make with step-by-step instructions.
Check back each week for the latest dish and visit atlanticfood.ca for more information on participating members.
Beer BBQ Sauce with Molasses
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- ½ cup molasses (we used Crosby’s Fancy Molasses)
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- ½ cup chili sauce
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce (look for gluten-free if necessary)
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- ½ cup Acadian Nut Brown Ale beer
- Saute the onion in 1 Tbsp. of oil until soft.
- Add remaining ingredients, bring to a boil and simmer for 10-20 minutes. (Sauce will thicken as it cools.)
- Brush barbecue sauce on grillables during the last few minutes of grilling.
Crosby’s Fancy Molasses can be found at grocery stores across the Maritimes.
Brasseax D’la Cote Beer can be found in New Brunswick liquor stores