Recipes | CTV News at 5
CTV is helping to take the stress out of mealtime by providing inspiration for delicious dishes!
Every Wednesday at five we'll share a recipe crafted by the Kilted Chef Alain Bosse, featuring local food processors from around the Maritimes. The recipes are easy to make with step-by-step instructions.
Check back each week for the latest dish and visit atlanticfood.ca for more information on participating members.
Baked Donair Dip
- 1 pkg 8 oz cream cheese
- 8 oz Mr. Donair meat sautéed and drained of excess oil
- 2 green onions, finely diced
- 12 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- ½ medium onion, finely diced
- ½ cup donair sauce (Mr. Donair Sauce)
- 3 oz cup shredded mozzarella or cheddar blend
- In a medium size bowl, mix the cream cheese with the Mr. Donair meat and green onions.
- Place the mixture into a small baking dish, cover with the donair sauce, and top with cheese.
- Bake in an oven at 350F for 20 minutes or until it starts to bubble.
- Remove from oven and top with cherry tomatoes and onions.
- Serve with your favorite dipping bread - pita, naan bread, etc.
Mr. Donair products are available at Sobeys, Atlantic Superstore, Giant Tiger, and independent retailers.